Mount with a Side Stand
- Stand on the left side of the motorcycle and unlock the steering, if applicable.
- Grasp both handgrips and apply the front brake.
- Swing your right leg over the motorcycle and sit on the seat.
- Bring the motorcycle upright and straighten the front wheel.
- Return the side stand to the secure position with your foot and balance the motorcycle.
- Apply the front brake to prevent the motorcycle from rolling.
Dismount with a Side Stand
- Observe 360 degrees to see if it is safe to dismount.
- While seated, apply the front brake and extend the side stand fully; select a firm surface for the side stand.
- Allow the motorcycle to rest fully on the side stand and turn the front wheel to the left.
- Stand up and swing your right leg over the motorcycle.
- Make sure the motorcycle is standing securely before releasing the handgrips and the front brake.
- Lock the steering, if applicable.