You will now be asked to conduct an interior inspection and operate several parts of the interior vehicle.
- From the driver’s seat, ensure that the parking brake is employed and that the gear lever is in the neutral position (or P or N for automatic vehicles).
- Check for obstructions inside the vehicle.
- Check for warning lights and gauges, where applicable.
- Adjust the seat to the correct position for driving and ensure that the mirrors are set for maximum rear-view vision (set them if not).
- Turn the ignition key to the “on” position without starting the engine.
- Check the operation of electric windows (if applicable).
- Check all the instruments on the instrument panel and mention any changes.
- Check the operation of the front and rear lights, indicators, horn and wipers.
- Switch the ignition off and return all switches to the “off” position.
- Check the steering for excessive free-play.
- Check the pressure on the brake and clutch pedals.
- Return the wipers to the normal position.
- Check that the doors are properly closed and that any passengers know how to operate them.
- Fasten your seatbelt and request any passengers to fasten theirs as well.
- Make sure any passengers know how to operate the seatbelt release mechanism.